Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soccer (3)

Last summer was pretty uneventful for me. The being of the summer started off, pretty good. My sister plays on the high school soccer team, and her coach was my coach in high school. So, I volunteer to help the girls out and work with them so they become better players and teammates. I’m not the only person from my class to return and help out. One of my best friends, from high school, who happens to also be an ex girlfriend, comes and we use our collective knowledge, to not only help the girls we teach, but each other also. The main reason we go back is to give back to the program that helped us, but we also have a special task to help the coach get a different perspective on players. The players open up more to us, because we are closer to their age, and have been teammates or helpers for the past 5 or so years, so we get some insight that the coach might not, and splitting up practices is easier with more authority figures.

No comments: