Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soccer

Ever since I started playing it in high school, soccer has been one of my favorite sports to play. After making varsity halfway through my first year, is where it really got fun. Playing against competition, and having to learn the game at the same time is difficult, since before high school, I knew nothing about soccer. We had a decent team back home, but coming to Northwest I knew there was no team to try out for, so I put aside soccer. Earlier this year, a friend invited me to play with him on Friday nights with a group of guys. Although I do return home every summer to help my sister’s soccer team out, I know I wasn’t going to be as good as I once was. When I got there and saw the guys playing I knew I was in for it, but when no one wanted to play goalie, I sprung on the chance. Over the past summer I had played a lot of street hockey with my church, and goalie was always a strong point for me.

No comments: